Some Animations I've made

Showcase your artistic works here for all to admire and critique. All forms of art are welcome.
Forum rules
The purpose of this forum is to allow individuals to post their artwork for admiration and critique; it is NOT for promoting your comic (see Self-Promotion). It is strictly forbidden to create a topic with the sole purpose of linking to your comic.

Some Animations I've made

Postby StanleyComics » February 3rd, 2018, 12:43 pm

I'm actually an animation student before comic artist, so I think it's fair to share some things I've done in the past.
I hope you like these animations I've made! And I hope all the links work xD
Some of the music is copyrighted, so that's why some of the stuff are in hidden links, rather than open to the public.

https://orig00.deviantart.net/fc3a/f/20 ... c21je7.mp4

https://sta.sh/0u2ypj04kks

http://fav.me/db11kwa

http://fav.me/db1aogd
StanleyComics

Re: Some Animations I've made

Postby BuffChan » February 7th, 2018, 7:11 pm

Pretty cool! I think I liked the first one the best. It was pretty intriguing and the music definitely enhanced the mood you wanted it to give! I liked the transformation one as well, though I think the things that form need a little more 'Pop!' to them. Something to make them really snap into place, but other than that it was really cool looking! I'm not an animation student or anything, but I also animate, and I know how long the process can be, so what you've done is really impressive! Keep up the good work! ;)
BuffChan

Postby StanleyComics » February 8th, 2018, 1:15 am

BuffChan wrote:Pretty cool! I think I liked the first one the best. It was pretty intriguing and the music definitely enhanced the mood you wanted it to give! I liked the transformation one as well, though I think the things that form need a little more 'Pop!' to them. Something to make them really snap into place, but other than that it was really cool looking! I'm not an animation student or anything, but I also animate, and I know how long the process can be, so what you've done is really impressive! Keep up the good work! ;)

Thank you for the feedback :D
I aso ike the first one the best! And I totally agree about the transformation one, I so got lazy while making it.... I may revisit it :D
Thanks a lot gain! Your feedback is very appreciated! :D
StanleyComics

Postby Bad Luck » February 8th, 2018, 3:00 am

ooh, these are nice, especially the first one! i've tried animation before but it's so time consuming that i only have the patience for like, short gifs or very very simple animatics, so it's amazing to me to see a finished and complete animation at all.
on top of that, conveying a cool and serious tone like in the first one is pretty tough too, i think sometimes when you're trying to make something serious it's easy to make it too dramatic to the point where it just becomes silly, but your stuff is genuinely well done and doesn't seem to have that problem.
Bad Luck

Postby StanleyComics » February 8th, 2018, 3:19 am

Bad Luck wrote:ooh, these are nice, especially the first one! i've tried animation before but it's so time consuming that i only have the patience for like, short gifs or very very simple animatics, so it's amazing to me to see a finished and complete animation at all.
on top of that, conveying a cool and serious tone like in the first one is pretty tough too, i think sometimes when you're trying to make something serious it's easy to make it too dramatic to the point where it just becomes silly, but your stuff is genuinely well done and doesn't seem to have that problem.

Thanks a ton! It takes sooooooo much time xD But I am a patient boi, so I guess it's the career for me xD
The first one is very inspired by stuff in my life xD I'm not much of a drama queen, though, I wanted to convey rationality over the strong burning emotions. Hope I managed xD
StanleyComics

Postby StanleyComics » November 26th, 2019, 10:21 am

So like, I know the forum is being archived, there may be a chance that it's deleted altogether, but I still wanna post this "Witches of Dustsburg" trailer WAY TOO EARLY, because I won't be able to later on, when the forums go kaput. So here's the animated trailer to "Witches of Dustsburg":

https://vimeo.com/375675765

Also, apparently, I can't post it as a video, because flash is blocked...
StanleyComics

Return to Creative Showcase