Traditional Webcomic

Discuss specific genres here. If your post fits into one of the subforums, post it there.

Traditional Webcomic

Postby /ka.lne » September 26th, 2019, 2:58 am

Are there any traditionally drawn webcomics. Good or bad....it doesn't matter what you think of your art. I just want see some.
/ka.lne

Re: Traditional Webcomic

Postby artofjoe » September 26th, 2019, 4:59 am

Some of my favorite traditional comics on smackjeeves are:

The Psychodyssey by Ian Evans (a stickman comic about two kids trying to survive a zombie apocolypse, or so it seems...)

Text is Boring by The Fun Train (A group of high school friends discovers how vast the world really is when they become targets of an insidious bureaucratic organization known as the Fun Police. Their secret goal: to eradicate all fun in the universe.)

How to Solve the Crimes by IDON'TKNOWCORP ( a comic about a dolphin named mavis who solves crazy mysteries, very cute and super funny )

Lucas and Lemonhead by The Kevster ( a story about two buds who get into all sorts of antics )

Mimudorimuchimu by Mimickee (After his mentor is killed, young Mimu sets out to continue his goal.)

Revolving Flight by Sand Biscuit ((unfinished) Follow the adventures of Super Dude and his smart mouth talking friend Some Guy with a Top Hat on crazy adventures.)

Pokemon Ged Version: A Nuzlocke Run by Ian Evans (Return to a simpler time before Google and Youtube took over the earth, a time when you could catch all original 150 Pokemon from the comfort of your own home. Join Ged in his quest to catch all the Pokemans with his digivice so he can raise them on his monster ranch while saving the world from the Rubber-Robo Gang's evil plans. Will he beat the Elite 4 before being sent to the shadow realm?)

Charming by Artofjoe (It's about Prince Charming, except he's hot. Like too hot. Like so extremely hot that he has to wear a helmet so he doesn't melt your face off kind of hot.)

Yeah, that one at the end is mine, haha. The lineart is all traditional but the coloring is digital, I'm not sure if that counts for you, but i included it because I drew the whole thing with ball point pens.
I hope this helps you get started!
artofjoe

Postby eishiya » September 26th, 2019, 8:27 am

I'm guessing you want wholly-traditional comics? A lot of comics have traditional pencils or inks and digital colouring.
B&W traditional comics are often indistinguishable from digitally-inked comics, so I only included those where it looks very traditional or I have it on good authority that they're traditional.

Mokepon and Rumplestiltskin
The Last Halloween
Delivery
Krazy Noodle Massacre
Naturally, I come across traditional comics constantly, but when I need to list them, I only remember a few ._. There are also a bunch where I'm not sure, like Spectraspell and (the B&W parts of) Ingress Adventuring Co.
eishiya

Postby AvianSkies » September 26th, 2019, 5:13 pm

I'm creating two traditional art comics. Liars Go To Paradise? - a fantasy with a humorous vein, and Kaleidoscope - a science-fantasy/drama. You can check them out here: http://www.smackjeeves.com/profile.php?id=188476 or via my signature banners. :D
Liars Go To Paradise? - Fantasy/Humor

Kaleidoscope - Science Fantasy/Action
AvianSkies

Postby jellyfishin » September 26th, 2019, 6:45 pm

Some of my favorites around here on SJ that are done traditionally are:
-KerBop the Angel
-Now Recharging
-Prince Marine: The Dandy Robot
-Lost Honey
-Paths of Avarnight

Loud Era is one I haven't read, but I know is done traditionally.

If you don't mind fandom-based comics and/or a teeny bit of shameless self-promotion: The comic I'm working on (link in my siggy) is also done traditionally, save for only two panels and the cover of one chapter that was colored digitally (the panels colored for word bubble text reasons, the cover I'm in the process of replacing with a traditionally-colored image anyway).
jellyfishin

Postby 57Sandra » November 29th, 2019, 7:58 am

they are realy AWSOME. telldunkin survey
57Sandra

Return to Genre-Specific Discussion