Cant Log in to SmackJeeves

Can't find the answer to your question in the Knowledge Base? Post it here and we'll answer it as quickly as possible.

Forum rules
About
This board is designated for Smack Jeeves related support. If you have a question about using the site or the forums, you've come to the right place.

Before Posting
Please browse/search the Knowledge Base & FAQs Forum for the answer to your problem before posting. It contains an extremely helpful, organized list of common help topics.

Got a Bug?
Post it in Bugs & Glitches, not here.

Rules

1) Use descriptive titles for your threads. Example: "How do I upload comics?" Do not use vague titles like, "question," "HELP! ANYBODY??"

2) Describe your problem in detail. Explain exactly what is wrong. Post images, screen shots, links, code snippets - whatever is relevant. The better the information you provide, the better the solution you will receive.

3) One question per thread. Do not post multiple questions in one thread; that way, we can resolve questions individually. Make a new thread for each question you have, unless your questions are closely related.

4) Be polite. The more polite you are, the more people will want to help you. Be patient, and we will help you find the solution to your problem.

If your question has been resolved, please say so. A thank you would also be nice. If your question has NOT been answered, say so in the original topic. If your topic has been moved to resolved, you may then AND ONLY THEN post a new topic regarding the same issue.

Cant Log in to SmackJeeves

Postby Ness13 » January 13th, 2011, 6:25 pm

Has anyone experienced this problem where you cant log in...and this message appears?

Your IP address has been banned from using this website for appearing to be an unauthorized bot. If you believe this has been done in error, please email contact@smackjeeves.com with your IP address:

I've emailed contact@smackjeeves.com with my IP address but this always occurs to me alot of time now :S
Ness13

Re: Cant Log in to SmackJeeves

Postby Troll » January 13th, 2011, 8:29 pm

This should be in help desk section.
Image Image
Troll

Postby FlamingDbag » January 13th, 2011, 8:33 pm

Have you been bot'd?

DO NOT TELL ME YOU CAN GET BOT'D NOW...
FlamingDbag

Postby Troll » January 13th, 2011, 8:41 pm

Or maybe 2 or more people share the same PC and uses SJ, one is banned so you are affected by it too. Just a guess.
Image Image
Troll

Postby Dan » January 15th, 2011, 5:31 pm

Just unbanned you.

What kind of browser do you use? Do you have any extensions installed?
Dan
Site Admin

Postby Sunshiny » August 31st, 2019, 10:35 pm

For some reason my ip was banned and says im a bot I emailed the thing but it still says I'm banned
Attachments
Screenshot_20190831_232910_com.android.chrome.jpg
(103.9 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Sunshiny

Postby eishiya » September 1st, 2019, 7:03 am

It might take a while for your email to get read and looked into, unfortunately. There aren't a lot of staff at SmackJeeves.

If you have a dynamic IP, you might've just been given one that matches an IP a bot previously had. Fortunately, in that case, your IP will probably change again eventually and you'll be able to access SJ again.
You can expedite the process by restarting your modem or, in the case of a device using mobile data, by disconnecting from the mobile network long enough for it to forget the connection (maybe half an hour?) by going into Airplane mode or turning the phone off. It's not guaranteed that you'll get a different IP address this way, but you might. It depends on how your Internet/mobile provider does things. On Android, you could also look into doing an IP release/renew via commandline if you're more tech-minded.
eishiya

Postby pixlyJolt » September 2nd, 2019, 11:53 pm

I mean...I just use the insecure login...does that not work if you've tried it?
YT: pixlblox9099 the Jolteon
pixlyJolt

Postby Mundius » September 3rd, 2019, 1:03 am

It wouldn't, because all logins get blocked when an IP is accused of being a bot.
Mundius

Postby pixlyJolt » September 3rd, 2019, 1:06 pm

Mundius wrote:It wouldn't, because all logins get blocked when an IP is accused of being a bot.

ah...I have no idea than other then to wait for another response or a related choice
YT: pixlblox9099 the Jolteon
pixlyJolt

Postby An Umbreon » November 26th, 2019, 11:24 pm

I cant contact contact@smackjeeves.com for some reason i had to sign up just to fix this problem i need help.
An Umbreon

Return to New Questions